WD40 again

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 05:58:39 -0500

Everyone should carry one of those $20 bit sets for their cordless drill.
Mine includes several drill bits and fits in my DeWalt case. Most all of
those will have a 1/4 allen bit. Just the ticket for the few you encounter.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Conrad Hoffsommer
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 5:16 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: WD40 again

At 01:33 11/6/2004, you wrote:

>     Ilex,
>     The Everett studio "school" pianos have that arrangement to "vandal-
>proof " the piano.
>     I'm too lazy to go out to the shop to measure but my recollection is
>that the wrench is 1/4" size

7/32"

>     In a pinch you can remove them by inserting the shaft end of your
handy
>hammer (the one that fits into the combination handle) into the bolt as a
>make shift tool.
>Don't make a habit of this as the bolt is a lot harder than the tool and
the
>tool will lose the fight.
>     DAMHIK
>     Tom Driscoll

I was fortunate the first time I ran into one of these beasties and had a
blade screwdriver which fit snugly in the head.  On the way home I bought
the wrench which  I've carried in my toolbox for the last 25 years - and
used it about every 5 years...

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.