Shigeru techs sightings

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:46:14 EST

Hello list, and Mr. Mannino in particular,

One of the stores I do some contract work for had a concert this past Friday.
 The store manager asked me to get a Kawai RX 6 ready for the concert with
the time I had allotted for store work.

I spent about 4 hours + pitch raising, tuning, lubing knuckles, and keypins,
and doing a minor regulation.  I thought it played and sounded purty danged
good when I was done. Granted, nothing had probably been done to it regarding
regulation in the two years since it had been uncrated.

So I called the store the next day to find out how things went and how the
piano performed.  Turns out, a 7 foot Shigeru had been brought in for the event,
and with it came one of the elusive Shigeru techs who spent some hours on the
piano, then spent a few more on the RX 6 I'd just worked on.  Hopefully, I
did a decent job of roughing it in for him....:-)

So my point here is, I'd like to see one of these techs work, and find out
why they are so highly regarded.  Don, if at all possible, it would be really
nice to have a heads-up when something like this is going to happen, so I can
block out the time to come and garner a bit of knowledge and wisdom.  It would
be very valuable to me, as well as all of the customers of Kawai pianos--and
there are many--that I service regularly.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Stahl