Yamaha casters

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:47:53 EST

In a message dated 11/7/04 12:17:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mkurta@adelphia.net writes:

> Anyone else finding caster failures on late Yamaha P22's?  I found two
> today on school pianos where the wheel support bracket had bent enough to keep
> the swivel from turning from wood interference.  Both rears, almost as if they
> were dropped.  Maybe they were and it really wasn't the caster's fault.  Are
> they Faultless (haha)?  Warranty issue?  Help......
> Mike Kurta
> Auburn, NY

Mike,

My suspicion is that they were dropped.  I've seen alot of school model
Yamahas, but I've never seen one with bent caster parts.  Were they at schools?
They may be having the maintenance crew move the pianos on and off stage, or
over doorway thresholds.  I wouldn't bet on getting warranty compensation, but
it's worth a try.

Dave Stahl