"Woolite" on hard dampers-- technique suggestions sought.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:30:44 -0800 (PST)

I just sold someone a  very nicely preserved 1951
JC Fischer console ( "American" consoles from the 50's
are my favorites !!! ) All in great shape except the
dampers, which are rattling on the strings.
     I vaguely remember "chatter" about softening them
instead of replacing them. How is this done?
     Thanks in Advance,
     Thump