Who REALLY won the election ???? ( OT)

marc avery marc_avery@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:30:30 +0000

First of all it wasn't a "landslide victory".  Fifty-one percent of the
popular vote was cast by an estimated 60% of the total eligible voters.
This means that Bush received backing from about 31% of all elibible U.S.
voters.  That my friend is hardly a "landslide".  Secondly, I am so sick of
every right wing zombie always falling back to the same old message of "the
left wing media".  Almost every day during the Clinton adlministration we
had to hear about the great "Whitewater scandal".
I actually work for one of those left wing media operations that you speak
about.  Let me tell you this buddy, those networks are huge corporations.
Huge corporations that benefit from administrations like Bush's.  Didn't
Bush just sign a new tax cut for corporations?  Oh, and here's your next
comment I'm sure.....  "Well corporations hire people, so with the new tax
cut they will be able to hire more people".   YEA RIGHT!  That savings will
go directly into the pockets of the major shareholders and the staggering
amount of Presidents and VP's that these companies have.
For the rest of us, well we will probably go through another series of
budget cuts.  By the way, I've gone through four of these cuts in the last
four years.  I make $18,000 per year LESS than I did 3 years ago. By the
way, there were NO budget cuts here during the entire Clinton years in
office.
It was also Bush's daddy that was most responsible for deregulating the
broadcast industry.
Now we have three to four major players that own most of the broadcast
properties in the United States.  It's embarrassing the wages most of their
employees make.  But since these companies usually own 4 to 5 stations each
in every market (especially major markets), these people have nowhere to go
to get a better salary.  In broadcasting, the way a person moved up was to
change stations every few years for better pay and better positions.  Now
with "standardized pay scales" in these CORPORATIONS, there is no place to
go to scrape out a better living.  Thank you again Mr. Bush.
And lastly some food for thought.  Take a look at a graph of the national
deficit from the beginning of the Clinton administration (1992) through
today.  If you were on the board of directors of a major company and took a
look at those numbers (because numbers are the ONLY concern of the modern
corporation), who would YOU select for your next CEO?

Values?.....  I value being able to earn a decent living.  I value being
considered a human being, not a number.  I value not having to worry about
my job every year.
For me, I'm certainly not better off than I was 4 years ago.  How about you?

And as for"liberalism being dead politically".  I believe liberalism was
voted FOR by 48% of those Americans who voted.

Marc