Allen key headed flange screws?? (was Re: Cordless screwdriver

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:41:31 -0600

>>My comment on Allen wrench here was to do with using Allen key headed screws
>>for flange screws, particularly on uprights where the screw is hidden and
>>hard to access. The Allen key wrench with a "ball" tip is much easier, and
>>slimmer to insert than a flange screwdriver.
>>Bruce Browning-The Piano Tuner

Hold on a minute, Bruce.

Are you saying that you have encountered pianos, or are encountering,
where the flange (hammer, damper, wippen) screws are not slot or
phillips head, but actually require an allen wrench to remove and
insert?

If so, I would like to know the brand name, please.

Keith