Pianotech list dropping off-topic posts for a while

Andrew Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:21:48 -0700

Pianotech subscribers:

I am enabling list moderation for a few days.  This is not a permanent
thing, because we do not currently have the manpower to do this all the
time.  But the off-topic posting is out of hand so and I want to give
the list a chance to settle back into a form where most posts are on-
topic.  So for the next few days only, we will drop, without comment, any
post labeled "OT", any post that has nothing to do with pianos, and
any post that is obviously flamebait (trying to get others riled up on
an off-topic subject).  There are many, many forums for other topics,
so if you feel the need to continue to post political and other off-
topic messages, you won't have to look far to find thousands of people
willing to read what you post.

Since this is not a permanent change, think of it as an experiment to see
what the list would look like if we actually had the manpower to moderate it.

Thanks,

-andy (ECC member and PTG server admin)