Hard to tune upright

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:04:34 -0400

Right Joe.
I have the Goose Juice as well.
I suppose just one of those cheap artist brushes, does the trick?

John
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joe And Penny Goss
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 12:59 PM
  Subject: Re: Hard to tune upright

  Yes John and the same with GJ
  Joe Goss RPT
  Mother Goose Tools
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: John Ross
    To: pianotech
    Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 9:23 AM
    Subject: Hard to tune upright

    Hi List,
    Last week I came upon a piano, that was the hardest, I have ever had to tune. (Started in '75) (No. not the tuning of this piano. I thought I would beat the smarties to that one. :-))
    It was the same brand as the next hardest one, I tune.
    It was a Steinway upright, furniture model, has a 40 stencilled on the block.
    It had been restrung, with new pins. The strings were imbedded in the felt strip between the pin and the pressure bar. I think that was the main problem.
    Is everyone SURE, that putting Protek on the different bearing points to get better rendering, and easier tuning, won't migrate to the tuning pins and cause a problem?
    Regards,
    John M. Ross
    Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
    jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca