Hard to tune upright

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:23:15 -0600

At 14:02 11/9/2004, you wrote:
>Really?!  I don't know that I've ever seen such a beast. You are describing
>some type of protrusion from the plate, similar in shape to the "v"-bar, and
>located between the pressure bar and the tuning pin?

yes

>What would be the purpose of such a beast? Or am I making WAY too much of an
>assumption asking that question?
>
>Terry Farrell

The amount of downbearing at the v-bar can be controlled and it will not
vary even if the coils vary in position  (height above plate) or the pins
are driven in.
Leakage /buzzing is eliminated (or at least controlled) and the pressure
bar can be shaped to function as an upper duplex.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.