Shigeru techs sightings

Don Mannino donmannino@comcast.net
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:33:48 -0800

Quentin,

Takanori Otake is the head MPA (Kawai's title - Master Piano Artisan) for
North America.   We generally have 3 MPAs who rotate between the factory
and here in the US, with one almost always being in the country, sometimes
2 or even 3.  Naomi Hamaguchi is one of 4 primary concert technicians who
work almost full time in the R&D laboratory, building the Kawai EX
pianos.  He comes to the US occasionally, but not as often as the MPAs who
work making the Shigeru Kawai pianos.

There are 20 Kawai MPAs in all.  For those in Seattle and Madison,
Wisconsin, you might call the dealers and see when and where you might meet
up with Masa Takeda, who will be in those cities next week.  He will be in
the Seattle area next Monday and Tuesday, then in Madison Thursday through
Saturday.

Don Mannino RPT
Kawai America