accutuner

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:18:02 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Kurta" <mkurta@adelphia.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 3:52 AM
Subject: Re: accutuner

>     Hi Carl:
>     I ran the numbers you wrote on my recently serviced SAT II and A0 came
> up at -9.5, A1 was -2.8, A2 was 1.0, A3 was 0.8, A4 was 6.2,  A5 was 5.1,
A6
> was 6.4, A7 was 17.8 and C8 was 22.8.  Hope this is helpful.  BTW, your
> posts are interesting.
>     Mike Kurta
>     Auburn, NY

Thanks to all for your responses.  Yes, Mike, those numbers track perfectly
with what I got.

As for sending it in, I'm not a big spender.  Actually, since I have in the
past sold tools etc at conventions I'm a lot like youall CAB (cheap ass
bastards).

I've repaired my sight-o-tuner several times and have schematics, but
Sanderson doesn't provide any for the accutuner.  I have 50 years of
experience as an electronic tech.  The accutuner technology is recent
compared to my experience, however.

One of my many projects waiting for time and inspiration is to use the
filter circuit of the SOT to build a listening device for use with tight
fitting head phones to diagnose noises and partials etc.  Also to fix my
car.  Someday!!

Thanks again

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.