About Checking

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:17:25 -0800

William said: "The one thing =3D
that is giving me concern is that when the hammer is in check and I push =
=3D
them further into check, it does not happen.  I can push the hammer =3D
pretty much through the range of the backcheck without much increase in =
=3D
friction.  As as mentioned earlier, maybe the hammers being hung at a =
=3D
different angle are to blame (if indeed that was done).  I will be =3D
checking that, but any other thoughts on why the hammers won't go deeper =
=3D
into check?"

William,
Ah, a clue!???! I suspect the Backcheck angle. Try altering the angle, =
on one, and see if there is a difference.<G> Also, how does the tail =
"curve" of the new hammers compare to the olde ones? If they are =
different, than that would also lead to a different angle needed.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I