Backing up your Pocket PC

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:56:05 EST

In a message dated 11/10/04 4:39:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mcpiano@videotron.ca writes:

> I just did a full backup from Active Synch. One thing you have to do
> is to make sure your computer's screen saver is NOT activated. I found
> out the hard way that the screen saver does not recognize Active Synch
> and it will shut it off before completing the backup. It took my
> machines about 18 minutes to do the backup.
>
> Is the full backup on the CF card faster?

Marcel,

It takes about 45 seconds.  Plus, you can take one with you.  I just bought a
128 meg one to have with me at all times, just in case a hard reset happens
again.  The 128 meg cost me 30 bucks at office depot.  Well worth it, easy to
use.  I'll be glad to help out with it if you need it.

Dave Stahl