Stage lighting (two pics)

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:03:47 -0600

List,

Here are two pics that I took while tuning for a concert. The stage
lights were on creating some special lighting effects in the piano as
many of you have experienced.

Many times during stage tunings I've observed the casting of shadows
by the strings into the cavity of the piano that I decided not to let
this moment get by one more time.

The camera lens was in the same physical position for both pics. In
the first pic focus is on the strings. In the second pic focus is on
the shadows cast by the strings on the hammers by the stage lighting.

Piano is a Steinway D.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern