A-440, ethics AND the bod

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:27:59 -0500

Re: A-440, ethics AND the bodDavid,

Plea$e $end me a job application. Thank$.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Andersen=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 1:14 PM
  Subject: Re: A-440, ethics AND the bod

    By working "fast and dirty" for the early stages of this, I can stay =
within my usual time budget and not have to charge any more for the =
pitch-raise part.=20

  Excuse me, brother, but you're out of your ever-lovin' mind not to =
charge for the pitch raise; forget about the "time;" think about 1. The =
tremendous wear on your body, and 2. The expertise needed to accomplish
  2 quick raises, putting your hammer on every note, then a fine tuning. =
 Are you nuts?

  Here's what my charge would be (remember, I get top dollar in a major =
urban area):

  2 pitch raises @ 75.00      150.00
  Tune A440                        150.00
  Total                                 _____
                                         $300.00

  That's hard, hard work, and I want and deserve to get PAID for hard =
work.

  With all due respect, Robin, you should take a look at what you're =
giving away. The true payoff IS
  the beauty you create and enable, and the possibility of inspiring a =
child; that said, your type of expertise, in any other realm, would be =
much more expensive.

  Hope this helps.....

  David Andersen