cost o' living

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:48:41 -0500

On Nov 13, 2004, at 2:00 AM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> Terry,
>
> You don't want to think about the cost of living in California right
> on the coast in La La Land...
>
> David I.

I know we've all absorbed the costs of the past year's gasoline price
jump, but folks in the north are looking at a 37% increase in home
heating oil (gas heat is up too but not that much). That had been a bit
abstract (gloomy projections in the business section), but the
temperature's been in the 20s most mornings this week, and there's five
inches of snow on the ground today. The good news? With the heat going
full blast, the pianos will be going out of tune fast. But will the
heating budget eat up the "discretionary funds" used for luxuries like
a properly tuned piano? It seems time for another price adjustment of
my own.
Life in the Northeast,
Patrick Draine