wood response to moisture

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:27:44 EST

Dave, Ron
  Well actually I beleive I read that wood takes on  moisture  7  times
faster than it gives it up & think it was out  of Hoadleys Wood book. I'd have to
go find it but I'm relatively sure that's  where this comes from.
   Now wood in what form, living , cut & stacked  or a soundboard with a
moisture barrier on it. Dunno.
  In what case would the information matter?
  Dale

>    Yes, I can understand that, but what I've  heard conflicting
> information about is whether the soundboard, or  just wood in general,
> gains or loses moisture faster, if the rate of  humidity change in the
> room is the same.
>    --David  Nereson, RPT

And if you ever find an authoritative source that says  wood takes in
moisture slower or faster than it gives it up, please post  it here. I've
looked for a long time, and haven't found anything anywhere  that says that.

Ron N