tuning fee

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:11:10 -0800

for every tuning a tech may charge $150, I will get 5X that many at $110.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Dave Nereson" <davner@kaosol.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: tuning fee
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:18:17 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Pasterczyk"
<jp@southbaypiano.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: A-440, ethics AND the bod

>Terry,
>
>I too am in the Los Angeles Area, and without batting
>an eyelid can name a handful over the $130 limit.
>Several over the $150 you mention.  I myself have only
>been at this for 3 years and am already thinking I'm
>not charging enough at $120.
>
>John Pasterczyk
>Registered Piano Technician

    Must be nice.  In Denver, people think $90 is high.  I quoted a church
$75 each for several pianos and she said, "Wow!  That's a lot more than
we
paid last time -- yikes!"  But I do know there's a least one guy in
Boulder
that charges $130.  I don't know if that's just tuning, or pitch raise
included, or "complete piano service."
    --David Nereson, RPT