making key bushing cauls

Mike McCoy mjmccoy@usa.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:46:19 -0500

Ron,

The first pass is done with the cloth reaching the other side of the
hole to gauge depth as Joe said, then the intermediate caul goes in. On
the second pass you angle the cloth a bit deeper to get the same length.
If you measured the depth I doubt it would be consistently exact, but
you can't see the difference it's that close. Very fast and no waste of
cloth. I believe Bill has the process with pictures on his website in
the tips section, or he did at one time.

Mike McCoy