tuning fee

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:26:59 -0800

<< ....I don't base my price on my competition, but on what I think my
service is worth,
and this has worked for me.
Hazen Bannister>>

I'm sure there are some techs that think they're "worth" $1,000 per hour, so
you can't go by that theory. MOST techs are withing $20 of eachother, on
average; at least in my area. Yes, there are exceptions, but there is an
average in LA of about $110 for basic tuning.
Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer &lt;hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu&gt;
To: Pianotech &lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;
Subject: Re: tuning fee
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:57:46 -0600

At 20:51 11/15/2004, you wrote:
&gt;Hi,
&gt;  By answering your post, I was not trying to see who had the most
&gt;buisness.  I was just trying to point out, that you're worth only
&gt;what you can get.( not literally you, but anyone). I don't base my
&gt;price on my competition, but on what I think my service is worth,
&gt;and this has worked for me.
&gt;Hazen Bannister

...and what the market will bear, which around here is nowhere near $150.

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.