tuning fee

Lesher, Trent J. tlesher@sachnoff.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:08:21 -0600

David,

I had no idea he was referring to anyone specifically, and I thought the ignorance and, as you seem to be correct in identifying, passive-agressive type of hostility, of his comment spoke for itself and needed no response.  However, now I regret that I or someone else did not make the effort to discourage this level of bloviating blithering.  Perhaps this isn't a real person, and some bad-spirited reality show is trying to set us up -- for else, what is the purpose? -- this person, or fictional creation, is repeatedly making an embarrassment of himself and this post just further detracts from his credibility.  I hate to see a positive contributor such as yourself feel compelled to respond to such nonsense.  I doubt anything can get through to somebody acting like this, not while he's in his current mode anyway, but I guess you had to try.  Just wish he'd take responsibility himself for the quality and value of what he puts out.

I am not even a regular correspondent on this list, but I have been amazed at the tenacity of this individual in making gratuitous small-minded gestures in a forum that is by far otherwise mostly friendly, intelligent, helpful, and respectful, not to mention full of curiosity, humor, ingenuity, dedication, colorful personalities, kindness, honest and passionate disagreements, passionate loves of many facets of the world of pianos and their users, and lots of other good stuff -- all-round decent and very cool!

Trent Lesher

	-----Original Message-----
	From: David Andersen [mailto:bigda@gte.net]
	Sent: Tue 11/16/2004 5:52 PM
	To: Pianotech
	Subject: Re: tuning fee

	> I do understand those who feel
	> the need to charge $150 or whatever, especially if they have a big overhead...
	> credit card debt, maybe drug/alcohol dependency, debt owed to loan sharks,
	> out-of-control gambling problem, etc.

	You are a disrespectful and pathetic buffoon, Terry Peterson. For what you
	wrote above--- and anybody following this thread can only apply it to me and
	my statements---I should set you straight---if I ever have the misfortune to
	run into you. You are exactly the kind of human that is destructive to our
	business:  arrogant, dogmatic, argumentative, cruel, passive-aggressive,
	and selfish.

	Stay away from me and commenting about me, or referring to me in any way.

	David Andersen

****** IMPORTANT NOTICE ******
This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me
at (312) 207-1000 and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof.