"should I stay or should I go?"

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:21:55 EST

In a message dated 11/12/2004 1:28:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
antares@euronet.nl writes:

> . At a certain moment it was so bad
> that 2 people were vacuum cleaning the stage and the seating rows at
> the same time while I was preparing a gorgeous instrument for a famous
> pianist!

Greeings,

            Talkative 4th graders or TVs are one thing. Even on an
oscilliscope one can see that these are un-patterned sounds, that do not even contain
sound 'waves' (aside from a bit of music here and there on a TV broadcast)

            However, VACCUUMING?....Woah!....that's where I draw the line. I
am listening for a wave sounding a hum, a pattern; and vaccuuming is just too
similar.
Vaccuuming, blenders, lawn mowers, electric saws, motor whirrs, all compete
with the beats, especially when the beat slows just before the unison comes in
focus.
No way, I would politely tell them I simply cannot tune while it occurs.

Julia
Reading, PA