Filters again (was RE: tuning fee)

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:34:11 -0700

>I think it's too much to ask that the filters catch every small
>digression.  If the list needs to do some self policing I think that's
>fine.
>
>David Love
>davidlovepianos@comcast.net
>I hate to sound like a broken record on this subject, but this is
>exactly the sort of thing that filters were designed for.
>
>Phil Ford

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  I'm talking about personal
filters, not some sort of list filters.  If there is someone whose
posts you invariably find offensive, then if you set a filter for
that person you won't see his posts.  Then there won't be a need for
angry responses, which only cause a vitriolic spiral, resulting in
the 'self policing' posts you mention.

Phil Ford