Action flange crushing

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:34:44 -0800

hi,phil! don't spend $160 for screwdriver torque.. i'll be in s.f. in 3
weeks visiting my son and i can bring it for you to try.. with your
experience you have to try it once.. it's like cooking rules of my
grandma's!! a little bit of this and a little bit of that and it works..
it's very simple.. on the dial somewhere between 15-20 lbs you get the
right feel..
anything in the action feeling good becomes loose once it travels with me
in my van under hot californian sun,then all flange screws need to be
re-tightened again,but not too much,otherwise they are crushed..