Good book on voicing...?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:06:49 EST

David, David, Dale, Stephane, Andre,

Obviously, there are many factors that go into creating a nicely voiced=20
instrument.  Hammer size, weight, hardness, mating to strings, strike point,=
 etc.,=20
etc. =20

As David A. pointed out, figuring out what it is that you want to hear is=20
step one.  I guess the reason that there is no definitive text on the subjec=
t of=20
voicing is because so many factors are involved, the book would be absolutel=
y=20
encyclopedic.  It would weigh too damned much to carry around in the ol' too=
l=20
kit!  And in the end, there would be someone else with an equally valid=20
opinion who does things entirely differently.

This is such a great profession!  Even the experts are constantly=20
learning--and teaching--new things.  We're all infants in one regard or othe=
r.

Thanks for the update on your book, Andre.  Hope you can get to the states,=20
preferably to a CA conference, one of these years.

Dave Stahl