Wound Trichords

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:34:44 -0500

Me, too: don't modern S&S D's have 'em?  Are they bad in that scale design,
too?

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lesher, Trent J." <tlesher@sachnoff.com>
To: "Alan Forsyth" <alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk>; "Pianotech"
<pianotech@ptg.org>; <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 11:19 PM
Subject: RE: Wound Trichords

Terry, Alan, List:

Okay, since nobody's asked yet, I will.  Why are they an abomination?  I had
actually been thinking one way to improve the tone of the last couple notes
at the low end of the long bridge on my M&H 50 -- C#3, the lowest before the
break, is 38-3/4" long -- would be to replace the plain wires with wound
ones.  Now it seems mayybe I am full of misconceptions and this is a bad
idea -- but why?

Thanks for any illumination,

Best regards,

Trent Lesher