keyboard levelling

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:29:29 -0500

I use the jig-set that Carl Meyer builds. It is sold by Joe Goss at =
Mother Goose Tools. I very much like it. It has a number of easy-use =
features. And it stays straight! I highly recommend it.

Just leveled a set yesterday!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Quentin Codevelle=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 11:12 AM
  Subject: keyboard levelling

  Hi everybody,

  I wonder what kind of device you use for levelling keys.
  I use the aluminium yamaha straight edge which is very handy and =
practical.
  But I've noticed that it is not as straight as it was when new.
  It has warped a little since I bought it.
  So I'm considering in buying a new one.

  Or is there a way to accurately make one that will harldy warp or =
loose its "straightness"?

  A guy I know who went to the Yamaha Academy in Japan told me that they =
were selling another type of straight edge there.
  It consists of a wooden core, and two plexiglas bars glued to the =
wooden core (making sort of a "wood & plexi" sandwich).
  And then it is calibrated with a machine so it is straight.

  Maybe there is a way to build the same edge with good accuracy.

  Thanks,

  Quentin