Tying Strings...The Best Tool(s)

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:36:13 -0800

Since the vise grip has an edge, doesn't that make this tool slightly less
effective than the roundnose plier?

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of A440A@aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 1:22 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Tying Strings...The Best Tool(s)

<< >In a previous post, I recommended reviewing a Nautical Knots book. I
>should say that you will not see the "Tuners Knot" in such a book,
>although the book will help in understanding how knots are achieved.
>Sorry, for that!<G>
>You will however, see the Sheet Bend and Square Knot, which are viable
>knots, as well.<,

Greetings,
   I use a small pair of vise grips.  Make a loop in the existing end by
grabbing the very end and turning it clockwise 270 degrees, so that it
crosses
over itself.  Make another loop in your new piece by turning it
counterclockwise.
 Then, invert it, hook across the existing piece and feed the end through
your first loop.
Draw tight, cut to length, tune.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT