epoxy coloring

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:28:45 -0600

Bob,

Since no-one else has responded, I'll toss in my two cents.  I don't know
about oil stains, never tried them but I'd be concerned about their effect
on the epoxy strength.  I've found a blend of West Microlight filler,
yellow chalk, and red chalk, that matches pretty well.  The chalk is
hardware store powdered chalk for chalk lines.  Can't tell you the exact
proportions, but it's mostly microlight, a moderate amount of yellow, and
just a dash of red.  And you won't know what color it really is until it's
cured, sanded, and finished.  Lotsa luck.

Mike