jack slides out before delivering power

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:21:38 -0500

Hello Peace Sarah-

Are the keys on the Hamilton weighted to self-return, or do they drop to
the front rail with the action removed?  I only have a Grotrian upright
here right now to observe, and this one does indeed return without the
action weight.  That makes any slight lost motion more effective.  Without
it, the jack still has to work to either push the hammer up or the key down.

Happy Holiday

David Skolnik