baby grand Butterfly

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:47:09 EST

Hey Jack
  Thanks. How do you do that? I appreciate the fact  that you are walking
encyclopedia of piano related facts & trivia.  Amazing
  Happy Thanksgiving to you

    Dale Erwin

Hello to all,

   Jim!  There were three Wurlitzer Butterfly's.
one was the "Student Butterfly"  it has 44 keys
 was 26 in. long weights 88 lbs. It has no
pedals and has a single escapement action
(jack on key).

The next size up is a 73 note piano  about
4ft.10 long.

Then there was the 88 note size about 5 ft.

  Both the 73 and the 88 note had a double repeat
action.  It was what I call (The Dekalb action).

   In this action the repetition lever and the jack
used individual coil springs. Also the repetition
lever is about one half as long of "regular actions"
 Looks a little odd  works well. However a little
unforgiving to regulate.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Jack Wyatt

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com