Tying Strings...The Best Tool(s)

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:04:29 -0800

Folks,
The December issue of the Journal is in the mail.  There is an article on
splicing by Bill Bremmer, just in time to answer your queries.  Enjoy.
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of A440A@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:58 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Tying Strings...The Best Tool(s)

I wrote:
<< >If I remember the handout we received at North Bennett,  it was Ernie
Juhn
>that originated this splice.

Ron writes:
The splice, or the vise-grip method? >>

    I dunno, he gave us a handout, with pictures.  That was in 1975.  I
don't
recall seeing any splices like this in pianos I have worked on, but that
doesn't necessarily mean others hadn't been  using it before that time.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT