groovey capo

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:50:02 -0600

I've used rods a couple of times in restringing - in one case it was part
of the original design, in the other I was forced to add it because of the
poor quality of the cast iron in the original capo bar.  One thing you've
got to watch out for, is that the rod is well-seated along its entire
length.   The string pressure alone may not be enough to force a carelessly
bent rod down into its seat.  Especially at the break.  The noise this
causes sounds a lot like an old grooved capo bar.  I think bedding the rod
in Liquid Steel or other highly reinforced epoxy is a good precaution
against this kind of problem.   DAMHIK.

Mike