starting the business

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 09:38:18 -0800

That's a great idea about referrals and the $5 off the next=
 service, which would probably keep them up with inflation...;-] =
  I'm going to consider it.   I do ask where they got my name and=
 note it in database but I don't do much with that info...
David I.

From: Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: starting the business

Dave,
        You have some really good ideas here. I hope you take=
 advantage of them. Hang in there, it gets better. I would only=
 ad that I have employed a simple method that still, after 20=
 years, puts smiles on my customers faces. It so simple too. When=
 I get a call from a new customer I ask them how they heard of=
 me. When they mention an existing customers name that existing=
 customer automatically gets a thank you card. On that card they=
 are instructed to save it (the card) and use it for $50 off=
 their next service. For some it just makes them smile but for=
 others it is a catalyst to make them go out and tell every one=
 who will listen about me. Now it's not likely that they would do=
 that if they weren't satisfied with my work so it's sort of a=
 double plus. I really don't do much advertising at all in an=
 area filled with techs. Naturally being around for 20 years has=
 a bit to do with that but really, so does the above mentioned=
 method. Give it a try. The only thing you have to lose is the $5=
 off their NEXT service. That also means that to cash in they=
 have to have you out one more time at least, right.
Good Luck!

Greg Newell