My old way of removing keybushings

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:27:11 -0600

>For your pleasure here's a look at my set-up for bushing removal (feel
>free to laugh--it looks goofy but works great).

I bought a small pressure cooker at a Thrift Store for something like
$0.69. The weight was missing, which made it worthless as a pressure
cooker, and just right for my intended use. I filed down the nipple the
weight would have sat on to a taper that fits in the balance rail hole, and
the steam blasts right up into the bushing for the balance bushings, or I
can rock it left and right for the front. Works very well. Steam coming out
of an orifice under pressure is more effective than steam trickling up
through one. Consult your local Thrift Store for details.

Ron N