My old way of removing keybushings

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:53:44 +0100

Hi Isaac,
In fact, this device works exactly like the one made by barbara, except that you can remove the bushings from 5 keys at the same time.
You put water in it, you make it boil via an electric hot plate, and then you put 5 keys at the same time on the steam holes.

The photo is the one from the catalogue (not so good quality but I'm going to take some pictures of the one we use at the workshop and include them later in another post.
That way you'll see exactly how it works.

I will look for the price, I don't remember.
With this stuff it takes less than 20mn sometimes to remove balance and front bushings.It depends on the original gluing.
Another advantage: it makes the balance holes real tight, so when the balance holes are a bit too big, or worn, the steams makes the wood swell a little on the balance hole and reduces the natural "back and forth play".

Quentin

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)