Business Cards,

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 01 Apr 2005 05:56:20 -0600

At 21:10 3/31/2005, you wrote:
>still look somewhat professional?
>Or is the "print shop" your preferred way?
>Any cost savings ideas here would be appreciated.
>

>Thank you
>
>Mark,
>I'm going to be my ususal Curmugeony self, on this one.<G> IMO, Business
>cards are the BEST & CHEAPEST advertising you can do. So, Don't skimp on
>them. Get a Professional to do a layout for you AND to print them. If you
>need ideas, come to K.C. and look at the usual display of Techs cards.
>There are a plethora of ideas. But, Don't Scrimp/skimp!
>Regards,
>Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
>Captain, Tool Police
>Squares R I

Curmudgeons-R-Us,

As a college tech, I suppose I'm not as worried about the advertising
potential of a business card as self-employed technicians.  My previous
post notwithstanding where I recommended ways to do home-brewed cards,  I
would say that the BEST and CHEAPEST advertising is YOUR REPUTATION as
distributed by word of mouth.

Case-in-point:  tomorrow I will be going to do some work (75 miles away)
which came to me by referral. (emergency work on a particular type of
stringed keyboard instrument which some techs won't even touch)

If you do good work, the card will only be a reminder of your phone
number/email address.   Get/keep your skills up, (in the PTG, of course)
your reputation will follow and cards will  hardly be necessary.
If you do schlock work, no amount of glitzy advertizing will help you get a
second visit.

Anon...