The day's frustration

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 02 Apr 2005 08:43:56

Hi David,

Never, ever work for free. It always blows up in your face. You are now in
a position of 'warranttying' a pitch correction that was destroyed due to
humidity variation. I do hope you wrote the humidity on the bill. As the
teacher is the person complaining, I'd recommend you return when that
august personage can te "in attendance".

If the client and the teacher both have email addresses precess your visit
with an email stating your policies--and with links in it to the pertenant
literature from the PTG on humidity control and pitch correction.

On an entirely different note--I hate to call it pitch raising. It puts the
client in mind of "raising the price" which I think equates to "bait and
switch" so I'm always careful to call it pitch correction. Besides which it
is also the "wrong term" as I find it harder to lower pitch when that
process is needed.

At 01:36 AM 4/2/2005 EST, you wrote:
>The piano is right next to a door, and the weather has undergone big changes
> in the last couple of weeks.

>When I tuned it it was 20-50cents flat.  Hmm, great tuner...tuned a year
>ago...next to a door...I should have begun the education process here.
>Instead I put my nose to the grindstone, did a pitch raise--which she
somehow
>managed to talk me out of charging for (my first mistake!)--and as good a
>tuning as I could get into the piano given the time and instrument
>constraints.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7