Viennese actions

Jean-Jacques Hébert Granas concordia_salus@wp.pl
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 15:07:23 +0200

Hello list,

I have come into the possession of a 220cm Friedrich Ehrbach from the 1890s with
a Viennese action that I need to find out how to regulate.

I have searched the files and followed the links and suggestions, but I remain
perplexed as to one thing: WHile looking for information on Vienese piano
actions I came accross lots of information relating to fortepianos i.e. pianos
made in the early decades of the 19th century. Are the actions of those
instruments any different from those made in Vienna over the following 50 years?
In other words, what is the difference between early 19th century Viennese
actions and late 19th century ones?

I am not entirely sure all the information I am finding is applicable to my
instrument.

Peace,

Jean-Jacques Granas
Warsaw

Imperium Rzymskie nie upadło!
Alternatywna historia Thomasa Harlana "Cień Araratu",
pierwsza część powieściowego cyklu "Klątwa Imperium"
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.ksiazki.wp.pl%2Fkatalog%2Fksiazki%2Fksiazka.html%3Fkw%3D1307&sid=347