Oorebeeks Punch'ns

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:27:30 +0200

On 4-apr-05, at 9:28, Richard Moody wrote:

> Then how else would you explain the improvemnt of touch and tone?
>
> =A0
>
> =A0
>
> =A0
>
> I didn=92t hear any improvement in tone much less touch.=A0=A0 I would =
like=20
> to see this demonstrated. =A0Lets sit together in the audience and you=20=

> tell me which notes have the special punching that I put in but you=20
> don=92t know where. =A0=A0Or you play that piano and tell me which =
notes=20
> have the special punching.=A0 Until then, this is another bogus hype =
=A0to=20
> sell something that has no special merit.=A0 =A0But if I am proven =
wrong I=20
> will give $100 to your favorite charity. ---ric=A0
>
>  =A0

Well Richard Moody, then read the mail Stephen Birket just sent to the=20=

list.

(Dr Stephen Birkett, Associate Professor
Department of Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON Canada N2L 3G1
Director, Waterloo Piano Systems Group
Associate Member, Piano Technician's Guild)

He is quite enthusiastic about the Wurzen punching and his=20
investigations prove what I have said all along.
I will not any longer take part of the discussion because I have done=20
my work.
I have brought these things into life and into the world.
What you guys want to do with it is your own business.
I speak for myself only when I say that I am extremely happy with my=20
punchings and I know perfectly well what I am saying.

In an earlier e-mail to the list, I have said that :

quote
I think that I may say here that it should be clear, after all my=20
contributions to this list, that I am not a bs'er , a fraud, or a fake=20=

story teller.
These front punchings make all the difference in regard to how a piano=20=

feels and sounds and they have actually changed and enriched my=20
concepts of 'the making of tone'. It has however become clear that, in=20=

order to get a distinguishable result from these punchings, the=20
instrument has to meet certain conditions
unquote

If you nevertheless choose to call it "another bogus" then I feel sorry=20=

I spent so much time on apparently nothing(?)

Thank you very much.

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available