"From Asterisk to Obelisk - The Nathan Hale Story ". ( Tonight on NBC )

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:13:25 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know much about Hale's *, but his obelisk was,
literally, in my backyard in Coventry, Connecticut ( I
could hit it with a  walnut from my bedroom window,
were I so inclined ) and I have always wondered if the
Brits were polite enough to return his body, or just
dumped it somewhere ?
     Any history buffs out there ?
     I do know they thought his ruse of dressing as a
Dutchman most "ungentlemanly".

     Thump