[Files] M&H Screwstringer (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:50:47 -0400

From: Jean-Jacques H=E9bert Granas <concordia_salus@wp.pl>
Date: April 5, 2005 4:53:45 PM CDT
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: M&H Screwstringer

Hello there guys and gals,

Here are a few pics for y'all.
The first is the best picture I know of the wide long-side-to-keyboard =20=

angle on
M&Hs.
THe second shows an array of hooks on a screwstringer. Does anyone know =20=

why that
idea was phased out? I mean, I realise half you guys would be out of =20
work much
of the time was it not for wooden pinblocks and humidity, but still, =20
strikes me
like a really intelligent solution technically. What happened?
With the third and fourth piccie, I am just indulging my mean streak. =20=

They show
a M&H finished black on the inside. My son called this 'tuning' (as in =20=

tuned
Alfa Romeo?). Note the black lacquered soundboard and light stained =20
bridges.
Looks like a space ship boldly going where no man has been before.

Wishing you all a nice day,

Peace

Jean-Jacques Granas
Warsaw