Just an idea...

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:55:07 -0500

Greg,

At 15:19 4/7/2005, you wrote:
>Conrad,
>         I'm Sooooooo glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for making me feel
> not so alone. My memory lapses can get pretty bad sometimes..
>Best,
>Greg
>
>At 09:02 AM 4/7/2005, you wrote:
>>The deer/headlight look isn't confined to customers, however...
>>
>>Like when you're out in public and one of your customers recognises
>>YOU... and you don't have the foggiest idea who THEY are!   Of course,
>>when they tell you their name, you can describe the piano, the room where
>>the piano is located, what kind of pet/child(ren) and sometimes the
>>weather that day.
>>Conrad Hoffsommer
>>Decorah, IA

I rationalize my brain flatulance by thinking, "Well, it _was_ three years
ago, and I only saw her face for about 15 seconds when she opened the door
and pointed me toward the piano, and another 15 seconds when she looked up
after writing the check.  In between, I was intimate with the piano for an
hour or more...  which am I more likely to remember,  the face or the piano
and it's surroundings?"

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.