keytops

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:12:16 -0500

This won't help much but I've seen those keys. I think you're in trouble =

=20
Randy Potter used to onw a Currier spinet, maybe he's got a clue.=20
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of MPianotex@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:25 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: keytops

 =20
I have a Currier spinet that a client wants new keytops to be installed.
Upon removing the keys, I found that the old keytops were a sandwich =
type of
plastic wrapped around a thin key. If I put the regular replacement =
keytops
on then the sides of the key would be too thin to fit the keytop.=20
Has anyone come across this? The old keys were really the white plastic =
that
was attached to the thin wooden key by a crinkling of the plastic on the
inside part.
Any help would be appreciated.
HYPERLINK "mailto:Mpianotex@aol.com"Mpianotex@aol.com