splicing strings

John Pasterczyk jp@southbaypiano.com
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 20:38:07 -0700 (PDT)

Don't let the knot be a stumbling block to the
exams...

Truth be told, on the stringing portion...

I forgot to pass my new unison strings through the
agraffe, and went back and redid that portion
(nerves)...thus leaving myself no time (or very
little) for tying a knot on the third string.  On the
knot I put the new string through the wrong hole on
the agraffe and didn't get to tighten (but I think I
did pretty good with only 30 secs. to complete this
portion)

Anyway...I got 0 points for my knot (or lack thereof),
and still passed the exam...

If this is all that is holding you back...

Go for it.

John Pasterczyk
Registered Piano Technician
http://www.southbaypiano.com