Arledge bass strings.

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:20:06 -0500

James did a technical at my local Indy440 chapter meeting that was very
informative. I'd highly recommend you trying to get him to come give one
to yours.

They go to incredible extremes to make sure there is no internal stress
in their wires. That is why they ship in the tubes.

Blessings,

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Moody
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 3:45 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Arledge bass strings.

I just got a set of bass strings I ordered from James Arledge.  I wanted
the tensions of the new strings but he said they were way under the
breaking point of the of the core wire so I said go ahead and make them
to your computations. I must say his method of shipping is the best I
have seen. Imagine my surprise when I came home to find a four foot long
1-1/4" pvc pipe from UPS.  Inside were my bass strings.  The only
complaint I have is he used thin walled so I can't cut it up and use it
for piano rollers. The weight of the piano squashes them.  Oh well,----I
am not asking for a shipping rate increase but no way were those strings
going to be damaged in as long as he ships them this way. What was it?
6.99 shipping and
handling??

----ric .