Getting involved....was Journal Cover

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:14:30 -0700

David Anderson & David Stahl,
You both have excellant ideas!<G> You both profess to dislike the =
"political" aspects of PTG. Therefore you aren't involved with that. All =
well and good.<G> There are those who are better suited to one thing =
than another. I respect that. Those that know me, know that I am =
involved with the "political" aspects of PTG, to some degree. When I was =
first approached for a stint in "Council", I had to ask myself why I =
would want to do that. I, too, abhor, the "politics"! There is no =
apparent reason to do it, as it will not make you a better technician. =
It certainly won't make you famous. And, more than likely, it will make =
you some enemies. The reason I do it, is....I like to bitch about things =
that go on in certain aspects of PTG. If I am involved, I feel that it =
gives me "Bitchin' Rights". If I'm not, than I have not right to bitch, =
IMO.
The "Kick-Ass P.R. Man", will not happen, unless there is a PUSH, in =
Council, to make it happen. I have thought, for years, that the General =
Public Needs to be informed about us. What we do, how we achieve it and =
most of all, how we can help to make their lives more enjoyable, through =
music.
All of the points, you both have made, are VERY valid! And, they deserve =
to be heard by more Techs than just this list. I challenge you to get =
involved and make this happen!<G> We need it....BIG TIME! And, quite =
possibly, either or both of you can make it happen.<G> I hope to live =
long enough to see such a program in place and such a P.R. person in our =
employ, so to speak.
I'm sure there are those that are saying: "what the heck is this doing =
on the Tech List, instead of the PTG-L list?" Well, if I wrote this on =
the other list, I'd simply be preaching to the choir and not the people =
that can best appreciate the need.
Now, of course, this is relevant to PTG Members. It should be relevant =
to Non-Members, as well, since they are/have been riding along, getting =
the benefits and not even spending one nickle to promote it! (This list =
is a prime example.<G>) To them, I say/nay plead them to join and make =
their dollars WORK for the benefit of ALL of Us!
Lastly, It will probably never happen, that we have an ad on the TV =
SuperBowl thingee. Those things cost Millions and we ain't in that =
league. It would be nice tho............sigh!<G>
Sorry to all who really don't want to see this/read it or whatever. I =
write this, not to antagonize anyone, but to enlighten and continue the =
intent of PTG.
Best Regards to All,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police