Epoxy Soundboard Repair- Coloring of Epoxy

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:20:46 -0400

Personally I would want the repair visible. My thinking is that you want
someone to know that the board has undergone some sort of repair and is not
in perfect condition. Also, is the gap not able to be closed enough to
almost eliminate a large swath of epoxy anyway? If you use Jon Page's "I"
beam/ go bar clamp method the gap winds up so small the epoxy or gorilla
glue that goes into it isn't plainly visible anyway.

Greg Newell