Tuning

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:54:10 -0700

As the humidity goes, so goes the piano.  Now that you've gotten your
first ding, you can start using that rosewood handle as a hammer when
the need arises.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Matthew Todd
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 9:30 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Tuning

Hey Guys,
I had a quick question.  I tuned someone's piano today.  When I got to
it, it was just a tad bit sharp.  Can pianos go sharp when they go
"out-of-tune", or is the previous tuner to blame?
Also, I just got my first knick in my rosewood handle while I was
tuning.  I almost cried, but I held it together pretty good.  They say
the first scratch is the hardest.
Thanks,

Matthew Todd
Todd Piano Works