Contact Cement Life....was PVC-E glue

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:23:29 -0700

Robert said: ">From my experience contact cement seems to last about =
20-25 years before the
keys start popping off.  I guess we'll have to wait a little while to =
see
the life span of a PVC-E joint."

I've had them come off after only 10 years. The customer was looking at =
me kinda weird and I had to do a service call for free, to glue a bunch =
back on! Yikes! This is what prompted me to go to PVC-E. I've been using =
it for Ivory for years w/o any problem. We'll just have to wait and see =
on the longevity of it.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police